1) ________ should be monitored regularly and maintained at the proper level to help prevent plate blinding.
2) Which of the following is a recommended remedy for streaks appearing horizontally in the printed image?
3) The ________ sits between two oscillator rollers and serves to smooth, condition, and transfer ink, connecting the other rollers in the system.
4) In a 10-minute period, an ideal lithographic ink should:
5) The need for a dryer and chill rolls depends upon:
6) Setoff, or offsetting, in the folder or delivery can be caused by all the following except:
7) Which types of folds are always made across the web at right angles to the grain?
8) Which of the following would be considered a typical trapping value?
9) Non-uniform blanket thickness is a likely cause of:
10) _________ is a densitometric measurement that indicates how well the three-quarter tone to shadow areas of an image are reproducing on press.
11) The best way to reduce gusset wrinkles is to:
12) Increasing ink film thickness to increase optical density will have the effect of _________ tack.
13) When removing the protective wrapping from a roll of paper you should use the following:
14) When setting the chopper depth, you should:
15) For a given amount of squeeze, pressure at the printing nip is about ______ as at the plate-to-blanket nip.