Phone: (855) 522-2210
About the Council
Board of Directors
Terms and Conditions
Adhesive Binding Certification
Sheetfed Offset Certification
Web Offset Certification
Flexographic Skill Assessment
Sheetfed Skill Assessment
Web Offset Skill Assessment
National Council Adhesive Binding Practice Test
National Council Flexographic Practice Test
National Council Sheetfed Offset Practice Test
National Council Stitcher Practice Test
National Council Web Offset Practice Test
Test Taking Strategies
Retesting and Appeals
Preparation and Testing
Flexographic Study Guide
Sheetfed Offset Study Guide
Stitcher Study Guide
Web Offset Study Guide
NCPIC Adhesive Binding Practice Test
Below is a practice test to gauge your knowledge and expertise on the adhesive binding process. This is not a pass/fail test, rather helps you determine how prepared you are to take other tests offered by the National Council. All questions and answers are copyrighted material and are the sole property of the National Council for Print Industry Certifications.
First and Last Name
Please enter your first and last name
Please enter your email to have your score emailed to you.
1. When performing a knife change, which of the following should be done when handling the replacement knife?
a. Keep the sharp edge facing down
b. Wear cut resistant gloves/and knife guard
c. Use a shop towel to cover the sharp edge
d. Wrap the sharp edge with duct tape
2. When setting up the cover feeder, all of the following can cause double feeding from the feed table EXCEPT:
a. Sucker type
b. Sucker position
c. Air separation
d. Scoring depth
3. Which of the following is an indication that the knives need to be changed?
a. The knives have been in use for two weeks
b. The knives do not cut the last sheet of paper
c. The book is not trimmed square
d. The cut is rough and jagged.
4. Which of the following does NOT need to be double checked prior to burning a belt?
a. Direction of travel of the belt
b. Maintenance records on the machine
c. Splice direction of the belt
d. Length of the belt
5. You are running 300,000 with 3% allowable waste. Calculate the allowable waste.
a. 3,000 units
b. 100,000 units
c. 900 units
d. 9,000 units
6. Convert 5/8 to a percent.
7. If 1" = 2.54 em, what does 11” equal in em?
a. 27.5 em
b. 28.30 cm
c. 27.94 em
8. In the gather raceway, the next job has a bigger untrimmed signature width. What needs to be adjusted to the gatherer raceway to accept this size?
a. Need to move drop to chain
b. Need to adjust side guides
c. Need to adjust back guide out
d. Need to open infeed rails
9. When setting up several pockets it is a good idea to do what?
a. Keep them close together
b. Leave empty pockets in between
c. Start at the far end
d. Start in the middle of gatherer
10. The mechanical caliper is designed to detect the ___ of the signature as it travels through the packer/hopper.
11. How does product transfer from the gathering chain into the binder?
a. Transfer Station or Pinch Wheel Transfer
b. Ladder Chain
c. Chain Feeders
12. It is crucial to have a smooth transfer from the ___ to the binder clamp index pin.
a. Infeed pinch wheel
b. Transfer wheel
c. Leveling shelf
d. Infeed chain pin
13. A signature is out of position to the carrier pin. What should you check first to correct problem?
a. Check if caliper is set
b. Check drop to chain
c. Check gripper seat
d. Check vacuum timing
14. A frontero type trimmer is designed to trim a book with what?
a. A face trim
b. A gatefold cover
c. A tab card
d. A fold out map
15. When making restrictor adjustments, be sure to keep the restrictor from contacting the ___.
a. Separator Disc
b. Main Drum
d. Sucker Cam
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service
Latest Industry Jobs
IL Sales Tax Info Page
Let Your Voice Be Heard! at the IL Legislative Day – April 23
Are You Being Left Behind By Your Current Web Strategy Webinar – April 8
Union Avoidance Webinar – March 31
Collective Bargaining Update – March 31
Upcoming Industry Events
Best Workplace in the Americas Entries Open
Unlock the Potential of the Promotional Products Industry
Print & Packaging Legislative Summit
Premier Print Awards Entry Deadline
Lockout/Tagout Part 2
Lockout/Tagout Part 1
Managing Color Across Multiple Devices
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
BLAH BLAH BLAH
National Council for Print Industry Certifications | W232N2950 Roundy Cr E | Ste 200 | Pewaukee, WI 53072
© 2017 NCPIC